Thursday, December 28, 2017

Elegance Earrings video demo



The pattern Elegance earrings is found in Boutique Tatting.

This video is the result of people reminding me that I haven't made a video in a while, plus I wanted a new pair of earrings for New Year's Eve with a lot of bling!

If anyone is wondering about the pink leaf teardrop beads that show in the background but aren't used in the earrings, they were originally "plan A", but I decided on the gold drop beads instead. I played with colors! All of the beads are the size called for in the pattern, except the smaller gold seed beads were size 15/0 instead of size 11/0. The thread used was my own hand dyed, size 20 in "Roses".

Naturally, I edited out a lot of the boring, repetitious parts, so tatting the actual earring will take longer than 11 minutes for most folks! I do hope that the video helps make the tatting techniques and the design a bit more understandable.


3 comments:

God's Kid said...

Thank you for being so kind and sharing your design!! :)

occhitat said...

It's a lovely video, beautifully done! Very, very helpful. The earrings are gorgeous!
Katie V in NC

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely video I'm coming back again to watch it, beautiful earrings